Saturday, June 5, 2010

Starcraft: Frontline

As you can tell by now, I kinda like Starcraft. By kinda, I mean, I love it.
A few weeks back, I decided to read their Graphic Novel series, it looks like it won't have a 5th one now. It's a 4 book long series, as you can probably tell. I'd like to talk to you gentlemen and ladies about the series.

General Info
The series is quite unique, every book has multiple short stories. Some of them have multiple parts throughout the series. For example, you got one particular mini-series within the series, about a psionic child known as "Colin Phash"



His life sucks. I won't spoil anything for you.

Book One

The first story, "Why We Fight" pretty much explains Starcraft, kinda. It's still a decent recommendation, worth reading. The second story, Thundergod, is about a crazy super great Thor pilot. It's still a decent story, it's my least favorite out of all the stories in book one. Then, you got a story beginning Colin Phash (I mentioned him earlier) Finally, you got a good one about a student vs. his mentor

Book Two



This, or the third book is my favorite. It starts off with the conclusion of the student vs. mentor story. Awesome. Then, you got another one, you're either going to love it or hate it, it's about some protoss scientists studying Zerg creep. (Zerg "buildings" can only be built on creep). You got one of my favorites, you got a story about a news reporter who learns some very dangerous information. To conclude it, a couple of Terrans find an old mine on an otherwise empty, rocky, planet. Turns out it's haunted by a Ghost. Remember, not a ghost, but a Ghost.



A couple of miners are minding their own business, then, they start dying. =D

Book Three



We continue Colin Phash's story. Then, we got a crazy Terran scientist making Terran-Protoss hybrids(great story). Next, one of my least favorites, better than expected though, is this lounge singer becomes some sort of diplomat. Lastly, you got a Protoss story of typical "becoming one with Khala" story.

Book Four



This is not one of the best books. It's centered around Starcraft 2. You get a little unknown information according to Jim Raynor. It's a little sad and confusing and weird. Next, we got some prison-escapee Reaper hunting some guy, and, in that same story, you got a Dark Protoss looking for a Xel'naga artifact comes in contact with the Reaper, and the Reaper's target, you'll have to see what happens, you may not expect it either. Next, you got some weird psionic voice in some ancient place doing weird things. Read it for your self. Lastly, we finish up Colin Phash's story which ties in with the Ghost Academy series.

Read this series!

Liked this post? Follow my blog, shoot me an e-mail, subscribe to my RSS feed, whatever!