Thursday, June 3, 2010

My hunt for an "Addicting" Flash Game: Part 2

If this post seems rushed, that's because I was busy.

Addictinggames.com has been a major disappointment. Kongregate's pretty popular.

"Summon and control the undead forces, conquer the world by killing any human who stands in the way. "

Necronater
By Toge Productions
If you've played any of the Infectonater games, this will seem familiar. This is a similar play style. The theme reminds me of Zelda. Except, this one's like a 10 second loop. I really feel like this game got ideas from Warcraft 3. You can unlock "Miranda Silverbow" She was a forest ranger, encountered Necronator, fatally wounded, the Necronater, impressed by her skill, trapped her soul. Sound familiar? Sylvanas Windrunner(Warcraft 3), a forest ranger, was killed by the recent undead superpower, Arthas, and, he "captured her soul" and, she was forced to serve him(technically the Lich King) I think Arthas viewed her as powerful too. Also, you have Orc Grunts, grunts are an Orc unit in Warcraft 3... Well, I'll let these pass, it's a Flash game, not a pro one, but, since this is similar to Infectonator, I have high hopes. The game's kinda fun, I see that they were going for more tactics, but, I prefer Infectonator. And, like Infectonator, it got boring.

Now, there's one game on Kongregate I stil play every once and a while, it's kinda cheap to pull this one since it's on a lot of sites, I even have it fucking bookmarked!

Desktop Tower Defense

Tower Defenses apparently originated in a game I've mention multiple times. Warcraft 3! At least, apparently, that's where the creator got the idea. It's a mod for Warcraft 3. This game is fun and challenging. It is quite pesky to upgrade all of the pellet towers. Also, maze.



Liked this rushed post? Follow my blog! RSS, or, use Google's follow feature!