Friday, November 27, 2009

Poke'mon



Have you heard of Poke'mon? If you haven't, do me a favor and give yourself a pimp slap, you deserve it. Gun's are also an alternative. Anyways.......

Nintendo recently announced a game they like to call"Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver" get past the corny names, it should be recognizable, that they're remakes. According to Gamestop, it comes out April 1st. It's not going to be a simple remake, however, it's going to be more than that. It'll have updated story(not much) Gen III and IV pokemon, and a few other changes. If you're like me, or many others, Gold/Silver/Crystal(Among with Poke'mon Stadium 2, is collectively known as the "2nd Generation") There are many changes such as which Poke'mon are exclusive to which.
(Thanks Bulbapedia for the exclusive's data)



EDIT(11/29/09 12:22): Turns out, the Pokemon mentioned (the unknown one)is just another form of a Pokemon. I still believe there'll probably be another one due to the popularity of the series.
But, wait, there's more,a few sites have reported a 5th generationNintendo isn't letting Poke'mon die anytime soon. After reading this, y'all's reaction is more than likely split up as:
•Yippee!!!!
•Ugh, another one?
•What's Pokemon, and for that matter, what's a tv?
•I think I'll actually use my head and give it a chance


Yes, I like the Poke'mon games. No, I'm not obsessed with them. I do get their games. You see, it's like a guilty pleasure. In a couple months, I'll forget about it until the new one comes out.

Now let's talk about my view of the generations:

1st Generation(Red, Yellow, Blue, Poke'mon Stadium, Poke'mon Snap): Awesome, started the whole thing. Almost as good as the 2nd Generation. Some of the Poke'mon seem to be jokes, like 3rd which, I swear, was a lot of it looked like it was from a little kid. Favorite Poke'mon from this generation: Blastoise, Charmeleon, Gastly, Haunter, Growlithe, Eevee.

2nd Generation(Gold, Silver, Crystal, Poke'mon Stadium 2): My favorite generation. A lot of awesome looking one's are from the 2nd generation. Such as Umbreon or Espeon. It also introduced Dark Type and Steel type. It also introduced Baby Poke'mon. The adventure was great, all the starter Poke'mon were awesome.
Favorite Pokemon: Too many.

3rd Generation(Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Pokemon Colosseum(1&2)): I swear, this one was joke. My least favorite generation. It was pretty ridiculous. 4th gen shares a similar dilemma. Though Diving was cool.
Favorite Poke'mon: Kyogre, Groudon, Duskull.

4th Generation: Not nearly as bad. A legit generation.
Favorite Poke'mon: Buneary, Roserade, others.

Liked this post? Why don't you subscribe!